Tuna Crudo with Pistachios and Pistachio Oil
Yields 4 Servings
- 6 ounces sushi - quality tuna, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons pistachio oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1/8 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup pistachios, shelled, finely chopped
- Combine tuna with the pistachio oil, paprika and salt in a bowl. Mix well
- Lightly oil a ring mold 2 inches tall and 2 inches wise. Place ring in center of one of four plates.
- Spoon in 1/4 of the tuna mixture, then top with 1 tablespoon of the chopped pistachios. Push down gently to pack layers.
- Carefully remove ring mold, keeping layers intact.
Drizzle with additional pistachio oil and serve.