Pistachio Pesto - Coated String Beans
Yields 6 - 8 servings
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 cups fresh basil
- 1/2cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups California shelled pistachios
- 2 1/2 cups fresh string beans
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor combine garlic cloves, olive-oil and basil. Process until smooth.
- Add in pistachios and combine well.
- Boil string beans in water for about 3 min. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Coat string beans with pesto sauce.
- Serve cold.
Resource: California Pistachio Commission