Pistachio Maple Granola
Yields Approximately 10 Cups
- 6 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped pistachios, shelled and unsalted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup unsalted pepitas (shelled sunflower seeds)
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons flaxseeds
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) raisins
- 1 cup (6 ounces) dried apricots, chopped
- Preheat oven to 300˚. Spray 2 cookie sheets/roasting pans with cooking spray.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine both syrups and canola oil in measuring cup and pour into dry ingredients.
- Toss well so that dry mixture is evenly coated with liquids. Spread evenly in prepared pans.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes stirring from the outside in every 15 minutes. Be sure to keep in an even layer.
- Bake until golden. Cool, then return to mixing bowl and gently stir in dried fruit. Store in air tight containers or zip lock baggies.
Resource: Laure Stern, http://ranchmama-kitchen.blogspot.com/