Yields 12-14 servings
- 1 1/2 cups butter cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted melted butter
- Chopped Pistachios
- 1 pound cream cheese, softened
- 1 pound (16 ounces) ricotta cheese, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground pistachios
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press into bottom of cheesecake pan and put in freezer while preparing filling.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle, combine cream cheese, ricotta cheese and sour cream. Beat on low speed to combine; add sugar. Beat on medium speed for 3 to 4 minutes or until very smooth.
- Beat in eggs one at a time on medium speed, mixing to combine. Add flour, vanilla, lemon juice and pistachios; mix on low speed until combined, scraping sides of bowl.
- Remove cake pan from freezer and pour filling over crust. Bake 45 to 55 minutes until the top is light brown. (Center will be slightly soft and will tremble if shaken, but rest of cake should be firm.)
- Cool for one hour. Wrap well in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight before serving.
- To serve, remove outer rim of pan and decorate top and sides with chopped pistachios. Slice thin slices neatly with long, wet knife. Or draw a tight strand of dental floss down through cake, pulling out from one side. This cake freezes well.