California Style Pistachio Salad
Yields 4 servings
- 3 cups mixed baby greens (watercress, arugula, frissee, radicchio, curly endive and edible flowers)
- 1 tart apple, quartered and sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup California pistachio kernels
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons orange juice (one orange freshly squeezed)
- Mix first four ingredients with wire whisk. Set aside for 5 minutes to mellow flavors.
- Wash and dry greens, divide equally among four salad plates.
- Top each salad with apple, blue cheese and pistachios.
- Drizzle dressing over each
Alternative directions - Toss salad ingredients together with dressing and serve
Resource: California Pistachio Commission