California Pistachio Crusted Lemon Chicken
Chef Art Smith
Yields 6 Servings
- 1 1/4 cups California pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup parmesan Reggiano cheese, grated coarsely
- 1/4 cup and 3 tablespoons cake flour
- 4 tablespoons chopped assorted herbs (tarragon, basil, parsley)
- 1/2 cup egg substitute (equivalent of 2 eggs)
- 1 cup low fat buttermilk
- 6-4 ounce chicken breast, skinned and flattened
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Combine California pistachios, cheese, 3 tablespoons cake flour and chopped, assorted herbs. Reserve
- Combine egg substitute and low fat buttermilk and mix well with fork or whisk. Set aside.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then dredge into 1/4 cup cake flour, then into low fat buttermilk mixture, and finally into pistachio mixture, coating completely.
- Place chicken breasts in baking dish and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
Resource: California Pistachio Commission