Pistachio - Stuffed Mushrooms
Yields Approximately 20 appetizers
- 20 Medium mushrooms
- 3 Tablespoons mined onions
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shelled roasted salted California pistachios, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon Marjoram, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Remove stems from mushroom caps; finely chop stems.
- Saute stems and onion in 1/4 cup butter until tender
- Add bread crumbs, pistachios, parsley, marjoram and salt. Mix well.
- Spoon stuffing into mushroom caps.
- Place on baking sheet; drizzle with remaining melted butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes or until hot.
Note: Pistachio - Stuffed Mushrooms can be broiled instead of baked. Broil 6 inches from heat for 5 minutes until browned and thoroughly heated.
Resource: California Pistachio Commission