Pistachio - Crusted Halibut with Spring Farmers Market Salad
By Rick Tramonto
Yields 4 Servings
Ingredients - Crusted Halibut
- 1 cup chopped California pistachios
- 1 cup coarse breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 4 skinless paves Alaskan Halibut, 5oz each
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Ingredients - Spring Farmers Market Salad
- 1 cup blanched haricot verts (string beans)
- 1 cup sliced French breakfast radish
- 3 cups mixed lettuce
- 1/2 cup champagne vinaigrette (see below)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Ingredients - Champagne Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Directions - Pistachio Crusted Halibut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place pistachios, bread crumbs, salt and pepper together in a shallow baking dish, stir to combine.
- Place eggs in separate dish and flour in another dish.
- Take each portion of Halibut and dredge top side in flour, then eggs, then pistachio / bread crumb mixture, being careful to dredge top side only.
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan to medium head. Place breaded side of fish in hot oil and sear until golden brown, approximately 3 - 4 minutes.
- Flip fish gently so breaded side is on top, and finish in oven for approximately 8 - 10 minutes.
Directions - Spring Farmers Market Salad
- Toss all ingredients in a bowl to combine.
- Add Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Directions - Champagne Vinaigrette
- Combine vinegar, shallots, thyme leaves, and honey in mixing bowl.
- Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Using a whisk, gently drizzle in the olive oil.
Remove fish from oven. Plate Halibut with spring salad mix, drizzle with vinaigrette, salt and pepper.
Resource: Western Pistachio Association, www.thegreennut.org