Blueberry Pistachio Crisp
8x8in. baking dish yeilds 8-9 servings
Prep – 20 minutes Total – 1 hour
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 pints fresh blueberries, washed and drained (or 2lb. summer fruit combination)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) coarsely chopped shelled and unsalted pistachios
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3 teaspoons corn starch
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375˚. Butter an 8 inch square baking dish.
- Toppin - Mix pistachios, flour, oats, cinnamon, nutme, and salt in a medium mixing bowl and set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer combine butter, brown sugar, and 1/4 cup granulated sugar until creamy (about 1 minute). Add pistachio mixture and beat at medium speed for about 15 seconds. Mixture will form crumbs.
- Filling - Stir together remaining 1/2 cup of sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a medium sized bowl and gently stir in blueberries.
- Pour berry mixture into 8 x 8in. baking dish and cover with pistachio crumbs.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until topping is golden and juices bubble. Cool at least 20 minutes before eating.
Recipe developed by Laure Stern